Last Updated: November 1, 2019
- our consumer-facing mobile application (“Unite Fitness App”),
- our online business management software (“Software Service”),
- our social media pages,
- HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you,
Collectively the “Unite Fitness Services”.
1. Defined Terms.
The following terms will have the meanings indicated below.
“End User” means any individual who interacts with the Unite Fitness Services, including users of our mobile applications such as the Unite Fitness App, and individuals who book appointments, purchase services and otherwise interact with us.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as Unite Fitness App usage data.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, and social media account ID. It does not include strings of code such as browser cookie IDs.
2. Categories of Personal Information.
Personal Information we collect or obtain includes:
- Contact details (e.g., name, address, email, telephone number, which may include third party emergency contact information),
- Personal details (e.g., date of birth, education, nationality),
- Financial and transaction data (e.g., purchase history, account information, shipping and billing information, etc.),
- Other Unite Fitness Services related data (e.g., customer visits, statistics, etc.), and
- Location data with your permission (e.g. geolocation data sent via a mobile device).
Personal Information we may display but do not collect, store or use includes:
Health and fitness tracker data displayed via third-party API integrations.
3. How We Collect Information.
We collect information about you whenever you use the Unite Fitness Services, for example:
- If you are an end user, when you create an account on the Unite Fitness App or website, we may ask for Personal Information such as your name, email and postal address, social media account ID, and Other Information you may provide with your account.
- We collect information about you when you interact with the Unite Fitness Services. For example, if you initiate a transaction through the Unite Fitness Services, such as a purchase, we may collect information about you, such as your name, email, phone number, address, credit card information, as well as any other information you provide in order to process the transaction. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. We encrypt credit card numbers using industry standard technology. We may also store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Unite Fitness Services, such as IP address, operating system, device ID, and device type.
- We may collect information about third parties, including your emergency contacts, and only use this information for the reason it was provided.
- We and third party service providers on our behalf collect information about your location when you use or access Unite Fitness Services. The degree of precision of the location data varies depending on the source of such information. Those sources include:
- Data from your device through settings you activate:
- Other location sources: IP address
We collect and use this location-related data in order to
- Provide you with services you have purchased or requested
- Deliver content that is relevant to you based upon your location
- Deliver marketing or ad content that is relevant to you based on your location
- Protect against abuse or misuse of services or of your account
- Improve our services
You may disable the collection and use of your location data through your browser-, operating system- or device-level settings. Consent concerning location data may be withdrawn at any time by changing these settings.
In addition to the information we collect from you through Unite Fitness Services, we may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, strategic and joint marketing partners, social media pages and platforms, people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Unite Fitness App account, certain information from your social media account may be shared with us, including information that’s part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
4. How Personal Information May Be Used.
We may use your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, including:
- To provide the functionality of Unite Fitness Services and related support.
- To create, and administer accounts, fulfil and record transactions, and provide you with related assistance (e.g. help, answer inquiries relating to Personal Information, etc.).
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding our services and changes to our pricing, policies.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, with your consent, and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- To provide you with marketing and promotional materials and opportunities, and facilitate social sharing.
- To send you marketing communications and offer other materials that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to send you newsletters or other direct communications.
- To share information with other marketers (and their service providers) to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To allow you to participate in challenges or similar promotions.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality if you choose to do so.
We will engage in this activity with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you, or where we have a legitimate interest.
- For reporting and trending.
- To better understand you and our other users, so that we can tune and personalize our offering.
- For trending and statistics, and to improve our products and services
We will engage in this activity because we have a legitimate interest.
- To accomplish our business purposes.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- For responding to legal duties, such as requests from public and government authorities.
We will engage in these activities to comply with a legal obligation or because we have a legitimate interest.
To the extent that we process your Personal Information based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
5. How Personal Information May Be Disclosed.
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our strategic partners and third-party service providers who provide services such as management software, payment processing services, email marketing, and other similar services.
- To you, through message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials, including as described in the sections below titled “Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews” and “Public Forum.”
- To your friends associated with your social media account, to other website users and as well as to your social media account provider, in connection with your social sharing activity, such as if you connect your Facebook account to your Unite Fitness App account or our social media pages.
- To business partners in the context of a corporate transaction. If Unite Fitness is involved in a sale or business transaction (e.g., merger or acquisition), Unite Fitness will retain a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring or target entity and its advisors.
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
6. How to access, correct, delete or exercise other rights regarding your Personal Information.
Where applicable law allows for such a request, if you would like to request to access, correct, object to the use, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Subject Request.” We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). We may retain residual information, such as records to document that your request has been fulfilled.
7. Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of information.
Information you provide may be used by Unite Fitness for marketing purposes such as one-off promotional emailing, mobile text messages, and sales contacts. We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you are a user of the Unite Fitness App and no longer want to receive marketing-related emails or mobile text messages from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails or mobile text messages by changing your preferences.
- We do not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their (or their customers’) direct marketing purposes.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you messages for administrative or other purposes directly relating to your use of the Unite Fitness Services, and you cannot opt-out from receiving those messages.
Our mobile applications may also send push notifications to your mobile device. If you have previously consented to receiving push notifications and no longer wish to receive them, you can also turn push notifications off at the device level. The applications may also request access to your device’s calendar application, storage, Bluetooth, camera, and microphone. If you have previously allowed access to your device’s calendar and no longer wish to allow access, you may edit the application settings at the device level.
8. Tracking and Advertising.
Our third party service providers may employ various tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and analytics software, that help us better manage content and make your experience easier.
9. Social Media Features and Widgets
10. Facebook Connect.
You may log in to some of Unite Fitness’s systems using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Some services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on our websites to your profile page to share with others within your network. In addition, when using some of our mobile applications we may allow you a chance to tell friends about our services by accessing the contacts in your Facebook or other social media account.
11. Testimonials, Ratings and Reviews.
If you submit testimonials, ratings or reviews of Unite Fitness Services, any Personal Information you include may be displayed. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at email@example.com
12. Third Party Payment Processor
We currently use third party payment processors. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, third parties’ collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information.
13. Links To Other Websites.
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with Unite Fitness Services, including our social media pages.
14. Data Retention.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide Services to you.
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
15. Security of Your Information.
The security of Personal Information is a high priority at Unite Fitness. We seek to use reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
16. Use of Service By Minors.
Unite Fitness’s Services are not directed or targeted at children under the age of eighteen (18) and they require parent consent.
17. Sensitive Information.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, biometrics or genetic characteristics, trade union membership or criminal background) except where explicitly requested or consented to.
19. Contact Us.
26 S 20th St
Philadelphia, PA 19103